Free-Span Aircraft Hangars Up To 150’ Wide, Any Length
Alaska Structures® (Alaska) Aircraft Hangars provide an unmatched level of protection for helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, UAVs and airport equipment operating in remote and harsh environments around the world. Alaska Aircraft Hangars can be quickly deployed, disassembled and redeployed as needed, or left in place for 20+ years. The temporary or semi-permanent capability and unrivaled engineering of the Alaska Aircraft Hangar make it the perfect solution for large area maintenance shelter (LAMS) requirements.
Aircraft Hangars Engineered For Versatility
Available in widths up to 150’ without the need for interior supports, the free-span design of the Alaska Aircraft Hangar creates the perfect interior space to perform repairs and maintenance on a wide range of military aircraft, including:
- Lockheed C-130 Hercules
- Fighter jets like the “fifth-generation air warfare” F-22 Raptor or F-35 Lightning
- VTOL aircraft like the V-22 Osprey
- Helicopters like the Eurocopter, UH-72 Lakota or next generation helicopters like the Sikorsky S-97 Raider
- TUAVs (Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) like the Shadow 200 TUAS or jet powered TUAVs like the Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk
The U.S. military has categorized LAMS requirements by the following:
- LAMS-AM: Large Area Maintenance Shelters for Aircraft Maintenance
- LAMS-VM: Large Area Maintenance Shelters for Vehicle Maintenance
Alaska Hangars Engineered for Military Application
Alaska designs, engineers and manufactures structures for both LAMS-AM and LAMS-VM requirements. Our multi-purpose military shelters are 100% made in the U.S. and are Berry Amendment Compliant. Heavy duty mil-spec fabric membranes and high-strength powder-coated metal frame systems (available in steel or aluminum) offer superior protection for both aircraft, equipment and personnel working inside. Customize any Alaska Aircraft Hangar or LAMS-AM with an assortment of hangar door options, including:
- Multi-Leaf or Wide-Leaf Crossover Hangar Doors (2-track, 4-leaf / 3-track, 6-leaf / 4-track, 8-leaf) capable of opening to the left, right or centrally
- Outrigger Hangar Doors allowing for the maximum amount of width
- Vertical Lift Hangar Doors with optional higher tailgate door
- Bi-Parting and Folding Shutter Hangar Doors
- Roll-Up Fabric Doors
Reduced Energy Consumption
Alaska Aircraft Hangars can be customized with energy-saving packages to reduce energy consumption. The 10-ton Alaska ECU™ (environmental control unit) integrates seamlessly to any Alaska Aircraft Hangar to maintain a consistent interior temperature in extreme heat or cold climates. Power generation and distribution systems, lighting and electrical systems, and door options are available for turnkey solutions or to meet the specifications for any LAMS-AM or military hangar requirement.
Click here to request a quote or call us at +1-907-344-1565 to discuss your Alaska Aircraft Hangar needs.