Alaska Energy Saving Systems
Alaska Structures® (Alaska) designs, engineers and manufactures the most technologically advanced commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) military shelter systems for U.S. Forces and foreign militaries. With more military shelters deployed in theaters around the world than any other shelter provider, we understand our commitment to reducing waste and increasing energy-efficiency has a big environmental impact.
We are continually refining our products and developing new and innovative technologies that strengthen our commitment to the environment.
- Alaska military shelters are engineered for a 20-year field life in harsh and extreme environments.
- Minimal or no foundation requirements mean less site preparation.
- Rapid setup and strike capability enables each Alaska military shelter system to be redeployed.
- Lightweight and compact design reduces fuel demand and transportation logistics.
- Versatile design allows Alaska military shelter systems to support a wide range of military operations.
- Proprietary insulation (Alaska EnerLayer®) and solar shade systems (Alaska Solar Fly®), combined with our heating/cooling systems (Alaska ECU™) provide an energy-efficient solution for maintaining a comfortable interior environment in hot and cold climates.
- Lean manufacturing processes are used to reduce waste during production. Excess materials produced are recycled.
A Deeper Commitment To Serve
In addition to reducing environmental impact, at Alaska Structures – our dedication for creating energy-efficient military shelter and support systems is also the result of a commitment we have to the sons and daughters, the husbands and wives, and the fathers and mothers on the front line, defending our freedom. A report by the Army Environmental Policy Institute in 2009, found for every 24-fuel supply convoys, one soldier or civilian involved with the fuel transport was killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Minimizing fuel consumption has a direct impact on reducing the need for fuel supply convoys, and ultimately saving soldier’s lives.
Whether used for expeditionary maneuvers or mid-to-long-term deployments, the Alaska EnerLayer® and Alaska Solar Fly® provide an unmatched level of energy-efficiency, durability, and can be used with any new or existing Alaska military shelter system.
- Proprietary supplemental insulation system.
- Tested at White Sands Climatic Test Facility (per MIL-STD-810 and MIL-HDBK-310)
- Reduces heating required per 20’ x 32.5’ Alaska shelter by up to 35%.
- Reduces A/C required per 20’ x 32.5’ Alaska shelter by up to 33%.
- Payback time: less than 6 months
Alaska Alaska Solar Fly®:
- Made from proprietary solar shade material
- Reduce ECU power consumption by up to 17%
- Can be installed in less than 15 minutes
- Tested in real world conditions with extreme solar load
- Tested per MIL-HDBK-310
Both the Alaska EnerLayer® and Alaska Solar Fly® energy-saving products are re-deployable, made in the U.S.A. and are 100% Berry Amendment compliant.