Containerized Batch Laundry Capability
The Alaska TRICON Laundry System™ combines the combat-proven durability of Alaska Structures® soft-wall military shelter systems and the containerized batch laundry (CBL) capability of an expeditionary TRICON system to support base camp operations and improve warfighter morale and welfare.
Proper laundry sanitation is also crucial to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The Alaska TRICON Laundry System is an essential element for military operations during the recent coronavirus pandemic, in addition to our medical shelters and mobile field hospitals with isolation wards for COVID-19.
Each Alaska TRICON Laundry System includes:
- (1) Alaska 12’ x 10’ Gable Shelter with 30” x 80” entry door and ISO container connector boot
- (1) 2.5-Ton Alaska ECU™
- (1) TRICON Container (ISO container)
- (2) Industrial-grade washer and dryer units (stacked, available in 50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- (1) Lighting and electrical kit (available in 50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- (2) Folding tables
- (1) Complete water storage and distribution system with water heater
Practical Shipping and Storage
The Alaska TRICON Laundry System provides a rapidly deployable laundry solution, supporting hygiene services and military personnel operating in rugged field locations. When not in use, all components in the laundry system pack inside (1) TRICON container. The Alaska ECU™ ships separately, and can be stacked to 24 per standard 463L pallet for volume transport. Three containerized laundry units can be secured together, with the same “footprint” as a 20-foot ISO container, enabling rapid transport via airlift, sealift, and overland wheeled and railed distribution.